Satya's Star Wars: The Phantom Menace comments
I saw The Phantom Menace. In a theatre. In October (1999). I got tickets at the last minute.
And now i have some comments.
George has mixed:
- Footage from Endor (Naboo swamps)
- Footage from the trench run (Look carefully at the pod race)
- Ben Hur (pod race)
- Jet engines (like, Boeing 747) (pod race, again)
- Star Trek (doesn't the droid ship look vaguely like DS9 without docking arms?)
- Those scenes with the Gungans and the droids -- the last battle -- that reminds me of something (besides ROTJ) (Braveheart, maybe)
- The Foundation series (Coruscant/Trantor)
- Don't Qui-Gonn and Obi-wan (what's with the hyphenated names??) bear more than a passing resemblance to Duncan McLeod and Ritchie?
- There's even a bit of Dune in there somewhere, I think.
Anakin blew up the space station by blowing up the core. Luke blew up the space station by blowing up the core. Han and Wedge blew up the space station by blowing up the core.
Why did they call them laserswords and not lightsabers??
What happened to C3PO?? I thought Anakin left him on Tatooine. How'd he end up (with R2D2!) on a corvette with Leia??
Is throwing down a bottomless pit the only way to kill a Sith lord??
Copyright © Satya 1999. All Rights Reserved.